Pages

8.22.2016

Yum! - Macaroni and Cheese with Roasted Chicken, Goat Cheese, and Rosemary

It's been a little while since I posted any new recipes I've tried (remember my Vegetable of the Month series from last year?). I was waiting until I had something really good to share with you. When Bill mentioned making a favorite of ours again, I knew it was the one. It's not really new to us, but we don't make it very often as it's a bit labor intensive. It's so good though, that it is definitely worth the effort.

First though, let me give you a little back story. Coquette Cafe is one of our favorite restaurants in Milwaukee. Bill and I went on quite a few dates there during our courtship, and we actually had our rehearsal dinner there before our wedding too. They even offer cooking classes, which is where we got this recipe from. They were a lot of fun, and a really great date night idea if you live in or around Milwaukee. I actually wasn't sure if I should post the recipe or not in case it was some sort of restaurant trade secret, but a quick internet search confirmed the chefs have already put it out there for all to enjoy.

And enjoy you will, so without further adieu, I present to you...


Although Bill and I usually just call it "Goat Cheese Macaroni and Cheese" or just "Fancy Mac".

Check out the link above for the full recipe, but I'll give you our few taste and time saving tips to make this more of an easy weekday meal for your family.

1. Make the Rosemary Oil ahead of time. Making this the night before really saves time.
2. Pick up a rotisserie chicken from the store or just cook up a few chicken breasts instead of roasting an entire chicken. Bill marinated a few pieces of chicken in the Rosemary Oil ahead of time to add the extra bit of flavor you would get if you actually roasted the chicken according to the recipe.
3. Half the recipe. This recipe makes a ton. Half works great for our family of four.
4. Double the goat cheese. Seriously, we use 4 oz. of goat cheese in the dish, and then reserve another 4 oz. to sprinkle on top when we it's time to eat.

There you have it! Seriously, you'll be thanking me later for this one.

Have you tried any good new recipes lately? I'd love to hear about them. Let's talk food.

No comments:

Post a Comment