Pages

9.02.2016

Book Report - Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class On The Art Of Organizing And Tidying Up

I recently read Marie Kondo's, Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class to the Art of Decluttering and Organizing
The companion to the bestselling book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying-Up, Marie Kondo's Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class to the Art of Decluttering and Organizing gets into the specifics of the KonMari method; providing helpful illustrations of her famous folding techniques and answering all those questions that are sure to pop-up as you go about decluttering and organizing your home the KonMari way. 

I loved Marie Kondo's first book so much (see here), that I couldn't wait to dive into this one. And, quick note, you'll definitely need to read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying-Up first to learn about the method for Spark Joy to make much sense. Once you've read that though, this book can really be seen as the how-to manual to her famous KonMari method. It really gets into the nitty-gritty of it all and tries to answer as many questions as you might face when actually putting the method into practice. It's helpful, and the illustrations are cute and fun; but it's really not a whole lot of new information. I didn't find it nearly as gripping as the first, which I thought was instruction enough. This one is definitely more of a reference manual, and I'm sure I'll refer back to it here and there as I continue to KonMari my home. If The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying-Up really spoke to you (as it did me), then you'll probably enjoy Spark Joy as well. If not, well, there's really no point to reading it then. If you're really committed to the KonMari method though, I'd recommend hanging onto Spark Joy until you're through the process. Of course, then you'll have to decide whether Spark Joy actually sparks joy for you when you handle it to know whether you'll be keeping this book forever or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment