Pages

9.26.2016

Yum! - Madeleines

I finally did something I have been meaning to do for years - I baked Madeleines!!

I had this idea years ago that since there was a little cookie with the same name as our little cookie; that I was going to learn to make Madeleines for Madeleine. They would be her signature cookie, and I would serve them at all the parties we'd have for her throughout her life.

Back in 2011 (yes, you read that right), I found a recipe I wanted to try (this one here), printed it out, and bought the trays (similar here). Then, I just never did it. Everything just got stuck in a drawer and life went on.

However, it was still something that I've always wanted to do. I even mentioned it in my 5-Year Plan post. (Geeze, has it been 2+ years since I wrote that post already? I need to get going on that.)

Flash forward to last week, when Bill declared he was going to make the Madeleines. He had found the recipe I had printed up while straightening the kitchen and noticed we had all the ingredients to make them except for a lemon, which he picked up at the store right before making this declaration.

Like the sweet and ever supporting wife I am; I pretty much told him, "Like hell are you going to make the Madeleines!"

I said I would make them that week on a night I had more time. Then, I seriously messed up my back and could hardly walk for a few days, so baking was out of the question. When the next weekend rolled around and I still hadn't made them; I finally said to Bill that we should make them together after the kids went to bed.

So, Saturday night, Bill and I (finally) made Madeleines!!
They were super fast and easy to make, plus they tasted great - light and spongy with a nice lemony flavor! Like most things I put off for whatever reason, when we were done I was all, "Why did I wait so long to do this?!?"
In the morning I let Madeleine taste them, and she gave me a thumbs up and said they tasted good.

A big thank you to Bill here. I don't know where he gets his energy and can-do attitude, but I'm eternally grateful for it. I'm great at coming up with ideas, lists, and plans; but 9 times out of 10 he's the one that makes it happen.

Have you been putting anything off forever, or have you ever finally done something you had been putting off for ages?

1 comment:

  1. They look and sound super good. so.....do they have a consistency of a little cake?

    ReplyDelete