Pages

10.31.2016

This Is Halloween, This Is Halloween

Pumpkins scream in the dead of night.

Happy Halloween everyone! I shared our trip to the pumpkin patch a little bit agp (see here). Well, we finally got around to carving those bad boys over the weekend. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

The kids, of course, wanted nothing to do with cleaning out the pumpkins, which I always think is funny. Isn't that the funnest part for a kid! Nope, mine didn't want to get their hands all slimey.
I told Seamus to draw a face on his little pumpkin, and I would carve whatever he drew. That's his above - as you can see he went more abstract. You will notice though that there are two eyes a nose and a mouth. I loved it.

Madeleine wanted to try out one of the stencils that came with our pumpkin carving set. She picked the cat, and surprised Bill and I by carving almost the entire thing herself (under Bill's watchful eye of course).

I love that she was concentrating so hard her tongue was poking out.
There wasn't a whole lot more for Seamus to do, so he spent the rest of the time watching what everybody else was doing and generally acting silly. Here he's trying to hide from me taking his picture behind a clear chair. Didn't quite work, kiddo!
I was planning on doing a classic spooky jack-o-lantern for our last pumpkin, but Seamus saw the dinosaur stencil and really wanted us to do that instead. It was actually the first time I've used a stencil too. They're kind of fun, but take a little maneuvering to get everything to lay right on the round pumpkin. I'd do it again though. 
Here we are all lit up!
We finished decorating the yard just in the nick of time too. We added a few more skeletons, tombstones, and a light up spider web.

Sidenote: How awesome does our winter grass look!?!
Here it is all lit-up. It's a good start, I think. It looks like we put some effort in at least, but I'm still hoping to get it looking spookier and spookier each year.
We'll be off Trick-or-Treating with the kiddos tonight. I'll be sure to share a little recap soon. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment