Pages

12.14.2016

2016 Exterior Christmas Decorations

We've talked about the glorious white Christmas tree and all the interior Christmas decorations. Now let's head outside.

For the last three years I've been trying to find the perfect lights for the house, and every year I end up returning them. This year I did a little bit of research, and ultimately decided that colored icicle lights was what I really wanted. I finally pulled the trigger on a set of lights (these here), and I'm actually really happy with them!
Then, I picked up the lighted potted palm on clearance a few years ago (similar here), and the lighted presents were new this year from Target (these here).

I think it's a pretty good start. I really want to line the roof of the second story next year. Also, I want a big lighted wreath, like super big, on our bedroom window.

Here's a more glow-in-the-dark look. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to take photos of lights in the dark.
And zoomed in for a little bit more detail.
So, that's it for our exterior Christmas decorations. How do you decorate your house? Are you a classic white light kind of person, or do you go full-on Clark Griswold? I definitely lean towards Clark Griswold. Our subdivision is very brown, so this is my one time of year to bring the color. Give me a few more years and I'll be blinding the neighbors each Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment