Pages

12.26.2016

2016 In Review - Books

I'm taking this week to recap all that went on here at Pretty Handsome in 2016. Let's start with books!

I was a little light on the number of books read this year, at least for me - only 15.

1 - Styled: Secrets for Arranging Rooms, from Tabletops to Bookshelves by Emily Henderson

2 - The Light of the Fireflies by Paul Pen

3 - Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up by Marie Kondo

4 - Star Sand by Roger Pulvers

5 - The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison

6 - The Moonlit Garden by Corina Bomann

7 - Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs

8 - Charlotte's Web by E.B. White

9 - Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi

10 - Intrusion by Mary McCluskey

11 - Grave of Hummingbirds by Jennifer Skutelsky

12 - Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

13 - Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by John Tiffany

14 - The Daughter of Union County by Francine Thomas Howard

15 - The Nordic Theory of Everything: In Search of a Better Life by Anu Partanen

Again, I decided to pick both a favorite fiction and non-fiction book, and here they are!
Favorite Fiction of 2016 - Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi

Favorite Non-Fiction of 2016 - The Nordic Theory of Everything: In Search of a Better Life by Anu Partanen

They were both just so very interesting, and I learned a ton from both. I feel Homegoing is a book they'll be teaching in schools one day, it's that caliber of good. Then, The Nordic Theory of Everything should be a must read for every American. I can't wait to tell you more about it.

What was your favorite book you read this year?

The links above will take you to my review of the book here on the blog. I didn't get to reviewing all of them yet, but will update this post with the links when I do.

P.S. 2015 In Review - Books
P.P.S. I keep track of all my books on the great site/app Goodreads. If you're an avid reader it's a lot of fun. You can totally friend me on there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment