Pages

12.30.2016

2016 In Review - Everything Else

Well, I read some books, watched some movies, reviewed some celebrity fashion, and revamped the kitchen; but we did a whole lot of other stuff last year too. Let's take a look.

JANUARY
In January, I wished you all a Happy New Year, and recapped the last year (Books, Vegetable of the Month, Movies, Celebrity Fashion, and Everything Else). We went to a Phoenix Suns game, which was the kids first professional sports experience. I talked about some new TV shows and movies I was looking forward to seeing. We went to California for a mini-vacation and checked out Huntington Beach and Balboa Island. Finally, in preparation for Valentine's Day, I put together a handy Gift Guide for Women and a Gift Guide for Men too.

FEBRUARY
In February, I talked about my favorite chili recipe. Then, I decorated for Valentine's Day. I made a fun craftdecorated the mantel, and shared how I decorated the kitchen and couch as well as our powder room and dining room too. I also shared a tutorial to make yummy candy heart cookies

MARCH
I started off March fangirling about my excitement for the return of Outlander. We celebrated Seamus' third birthday with a trip to the aquarium. For Spring Break, we headed to the Grand Canyon - lots about that here and here. We finally put up Bill's hammock. I did another baking tutorial, this time a Lamb Cake! Finally, I gave you a recap of how we spent our Easter holiday.

APRIL
In April, I showed you how to make a diaper cake, which then inspired me to put together a New Baby Gift Guide. I jumped on the white canvas sneaker trend. Next, I shared a cute children's book and a list of toddler shows that aren't too annoying. We took a day trip to Sedona. I talked about this and that, and put together a Mother's Day Gift Guide. I shared a recurring dream I continually have and discussed the ever-so-important question - do I like orange?

MAY
I fangirled some more in May, this time about Gilmore Girls. We spent Mother's Day at the Musical Instrument Museum and took some family photos. I talked about high-waisted jeans and how I organized my clothes using the KonMari Method. I put together a round-up of beautiful brooches then ended the month sharing how we tore up the walkway in our backyard.

JUNE
I started June talking about my favorite toddler flip-flops. Madeleine graduated from Kindergarten. Then, I shared a Father's Day Gift Guide. We got an awesome indoor bouncy house for the kids to work out all their energy during the hot summer months. I shared a few new TV shows I had started watching and talked about how much I love rainbows!

JULY
In July I was obsessing over Hamilton. Then, I shared our little 4th of July celebration. I got a good start decorating Seamus' room with a camp theme. I let you in on a cute children's book I found and more of this and that. I did some more organizing using the KonMari Method, this time with my books. Then, I ended the month talking about Gilmore Girls again!

AUGUST
I started August with a little time to myself, found a cute dress (didn't look good on me though, boo), and Madeleine started 1st Grade. I was digging this new song, and I shared how to make a fun summer treat, frozen bananas. Seamus started preschool. Then, I shared a yummy macaroni and cheese recipe. I shared my love of coloring books and my solution to getting to sleep faster.

SEPTEMBER
In September I shared a binge-worthy TV show. We checked out the new aquarium in Scottsdale. I re-purposed stools into tables for Seamus' room. I checked off another movie for my Disney Project. I finally made Madeleines and talked about some new fall TV shows I was looking forward to seeing.

OCTOBER

NOVEMBER
I started November recapping the kids's Halloween costumes. We celebrated Madeleine's 6th birthday and took a family trip to Pennsylvania. I tried a new-to-me framing service. We did some landscaping in the backyard. I shared another TV show I was curious to watch. We went home to the Midwest for Thanksgiving where we visited the Milwaukee Domes and did our annual Turkey-Trot. I ended the month sharing some things I wanted for Christmas.

DECEMBER
In December, after such a long wait, I finally watched and shared what I thought of the Gilmore Girls revival. I talked about my top 10 Christmas movies. I finally got my white Christmas tree and shared how we decorated the house for Christmas - interior and exterior. I shared our Christmas card, visited Santa, and our annual Elf-Yourself video. We ended the year visiting the Phoenix Zoo for ZooLights and one final trip to Sedona. (see here)

Wow, what a year! As great as it was though, I'm ready to put it to bed. Bring it on, 2017!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment