Pages

4.10.2017

What I'm Watching - Feud: Bette and Joan

My new guilty pleasure is Feud: Bette and Joan on FX. Are you watching?
   
I grew up watching old movies with my parents, and remember watching What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? when I was younger. So creepy! While the focus of the film is the actual feud between the two leading ladies, Joan Crawford (Jessica Lange) and Bette Davis (Susan Sarandon), there are so many great underlying themes about ageism and sexism at play too. It's funny and entertaining, but also so incredibly sad. The performances by Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon are pretty amazing, and the costuming so good it's worth it to watch just for that. I love the whole style of it all - so colorful and vibrant.

What's your guilty pleasure these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment