Pages

5.11.2017

2017 Met Gala - The Models

As the Met Gala is the fashion world's biggest night, I always like to check out the looks the professional models put together. Let's take a look!

Gisele Bundchen in Stella McCartney
Gisele Bundchen wore this stunner of a silver dress. The fit is fantastic! It's a gorgeous fabric, and I love the crew neck, long sleeves, and train. It's very modest as well, but the side cut-outs keep it from feeling too matronly. The simple pony tail, fresh face, and jewelry all compliment the look well. I even loved the gold clutch. Great job, Gisele! 

Candace Swanepoel in Topshop
Candace Swanepoel wore this black ball gown that really showed off her top half - toned arms, tiny waist, and ample decolletage. The cat-eye was cool, but I was disappointed in the hair and lack of lip and nail color. I also would have liked to see some big sparkly jewels. A pair of chandelier earrings or necklace would have been a fun addition. All-in-all, this look was just okay for me.

Daria Strokous in Christian Dior
Daria Strokous opted for this black feathered dress. I love the sort of Gothic forest nymph vibe here. It's light and airy, but the dark color brings the drama. The fit is great, and I loved the soft up-do and natural face. Nicely done, Daria!

Stella Maxwell in H&M
Stella Maxwell opted for this white fringed number. I thought the skirt looked unfinished. There are a lot of wide gaps between the fringed sections. I would have loved to see so much more fringe. Not my favorite dress, but her face does look pretty fierce. Over all though, this one was a miss for me.

Adriana Lima in Alberta Ferretti
Adriana Lima wore this black plunging v-neck gown with high slit. You know, it fits her well and her face looks, well...gorgeous, but it's kind of a yawn for the Met Gala, no? It's a pretty, but an ultimately forgettable look.

Kendall Jenner in La Perla
Kendall Jenner wore this sheer black number. I thought it had enough interesting construction to fit the theme of the night. I was disappointed by her hair and make-up though. I know I always want more lip color, but this particular shade seems to compete with look instead of compliment it. Still, not a bad look overall.

Lily Aldridge in Balenciaga
Lily Aldridge's white satin gown with red boot-tights was a great choice for the night. There's complexity to the construction, and the vivid pops of colors provide fun contrast. Simple hair, make-up, and jewelry compliment the look well. Nicely done, Lily.

Taylor Hill in Carolina Herrera
Taylor Hill wore this off the shoulder burgundy gown. It's pretty dull for a Met Gala dress, but she still looks quite elegant and poised. The color of the fabric looks lovely with her skin tone and I loved the moody make-up. Good job, Taylor.

Karlie Kloss in Carolina Herrera
Karlie Kloss went the menswear route sans pants. It's a simple and chic look that she wears well. It's perhaps a little casual for the event, but I appreciated that it was not your run of the mill red carpet gown either. I approve.

Miranda Kerr in Oscar de la Renta
Miranda Kerr opted for this floral tea length ball gown. It has a great vintage vibe and I loved the fabric! I would have loved to see her hair down, but the make-up and jewelry more than make up for it. She looks happy and ready to twirl. Great job, Miranda!  

AND FINALLY...

Gigi Hadid in Hilfiger Collection
Gigi Hadid rocked this asymetrical nude number. Even though there's not a lot of color here, there's still so much to look at. It's structured, yet flowy; severe, yet feminine - great contrast and texture all around. Plus, fishnets! How fun. This is some Met Gala realness right here. Awesome job, Gigi!


All photos from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment