Pages

5.31.2017

Day Date - Running

We're in the Midwest this week visiting family, and I was excited to get out for a run on the trail near my parent's house. I used to run a lot in my twenties, but as I got older and gained a bit of weight it became too hard for me and I stopped.

At the beginning of this year, after losing about 15 pounds through changing my diet, I gave running a try again, and was amazed how much easier it was now that I was a few pounds lighter.

So, while the kids were away sleeping over at my sister's house, Bill and I decided to do something together we haven't done in years - exercise!
My parents live near the Fox River in Illinois, and there is a bike trail that runs for miles along the river right by their house.
It was a nice change of scenery from my normal neighborhood run back in Phoenix; much more scenic for sure. I'm not going to lie, running is not my favorite thing, but the hardest part is just getting myself out the door. Once I start, it's not so bad, and I'm enjoying the progress I've been making.
We only ran about two and half miles. Bill can go a lot farther and faster than me, but he didn't seem to mind the slow pace. It was mostly about doing something active together. 

Do you workout with your significant other? We used to more when we were dating, but now pretty much workout exclusively by ourselves. This was definitely a rare exception to that. I think with being parents, working out is a nice way for us each to have some time to ourselves a couple of times a week. For me, I never want to do it, but I'm always glad I did when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment