Pages

5.24.2017

Let's Go To The Movies - Rough Night

Some girlfriends and I went to a special screening of the new Scarlett Johansson movie, Rough Night.

Five old friends head to Miami for a Bachelorette party weekend where things quickly go from bad to worse in a high jinks filled adventure they'll never forget.

I was pretty excited to see another female driven comedy and was hoping Rough Night would be up to the caliber of Bridesmaids, but alas, it fell quite short. It was much darker than I was expecting and entirely unbelievable. Still, I can't say I didn't laugh. Kate McKinnon was the standout of the bunch. Listening to her do an Australian accent for the duration of the film was worth the price of admission alone (full disclosure - I didn't pay anything to see this, but still, you get my meaning). Scarlett Johansson, was an unexpected choice for this style of comedy, and while she had her moments, I'd say raunchy comedies are definitely not her genre. Overall, Rough Night is somewhat amusing, but it will be equally as good from the comfort of your living room when it hits DVD. No need to rush out to the theater for this one.
I did have fun being out with friends though. The marketing company went all out with games, a photo booth, and prizes to promote the film. I remember having quite a few "rough nights" with these lovely ladies back in the day. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment