Pages

5.17.2017

Let's Go To The Movies - Snatched

A friend and I went to see the new Amy Schumer/Goldie Hawn comedy, Snatched recently.

Dumped by her boyfriend days before they were set to vacation in Equador, Emily (Amy Schumer) convinces her homebody mother, Linda (Goldie Hawn) to accompany her on the trip instead. When things don't go as planned, the two, despite their differences, must work together to save themselves from their nightmare jungle adventure.

It's been ages since I've seen a good comedy at the theaters, and I'm happy to say that Snatched didn't disappoint. It was consistently funny and outrageous throughout. Amy Schumer does her thing, and it was delightful to see Goldie Hawn on screen again. She's amazing! The story was darker than I thought it would be, but they fully committed, so it ended up working for me once I realigned my expectations. Snatched is a great female driven comedy, a great mother/daughter comedy, and just a straight up great comedy. If you're in need of a good laugh, this is your movie.

What movies are you looking forward to seeing this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment