Pages

6.07.2017

Vacation Recap - WI

Midweek we headed north to Wisconsin to spend some time with Bill's side of the family. The highlight of the trip, for the kiddos at least, seemed to be their new found skill of tree climbing!
Seriously, every chance they got, they were scurrying up trees.
In between visits with all my in-laws, we took the kids to Lapham Peak in the Kettle Moraine State Forest. 
Lapham Peak is the highest point in Waukesha County, and we decided to climb to the top of the 45 foot observation tower and check out the views.
Image from here.
Lapham Peak family selfie!!
It was a beautiful day and the views were spectacular. This was actually my first time visiting here as well.
We also snuck in a trip to the Milwaukee County Zoo. We used to take the kids there all the time when we lived in the area. It's one of my favorite zoos ever.
We took in the "Oceans of Fun Seal & Sea Lion Show", which we had never done before. Let me tell you, I had no idea how big a sea lion was until I saw it looming ominously above my children. They're huge!
The rest of our trip was visiting with family and doing your basic summer activities - there were barbecues, sparklers, and we played this game a ton.
But our vacation was not quite done yet. Bill and I headed back to Chicago for one last special event. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment